How to Cut a Fruit Pie
Helpful tips from Tippin’s for cutting the perfect slice of fruit pie, such as Apple, Cherry, Peach, Strawberry Rhubarb, Blackberry, Blueberry, etc.
1) Place pie in the freezer for about 15 to 30 minutes to chill before cutting. It should be well chilled, but not frozen.
2) Use a long serrated knife to score the crust. Place the knife across the pie and press gently to cut through the edges of the crust. Don’t saw, just press.
3) Repeat to score the pie into six slices.
4) Now use a paring knife to cut into the pie along the score lines. Start in the center of the pie and draw the knife out. Cut through the top and bottom crusts. Wipe the knife after each cut.
5) Let the pie thaw to room temperature or warm the pie, if desired. Serve and enjoy!