Make Going Back to School FunFor many kids, the start of the school year each fall means an end to long and lazy summer days, family trips, and afternoons at the pool. You can make this time much more fun with a school-themed backyard neighborhood party. Invite neighbors, friends, and your child’s soon-to-be classmates to join in on the fun. This is an especially nice gesture for those who might be new to town as it is a great opportunity to find some friendly faces before their first day at a new school.
Apples, Pencils, and School BusesKeep to the school theme by finding creative ways to insert school supplies and memorabilia into party favors, decorations, and food. Some of our favorite ideas?
- School supply scavenger hunt. Send kids searching throughout the yard and house to see who can find the hidden pencils, erasers, and other school supplies first, using a list of clues.
- DIY school pictures. You can easily make life-sized picture frames out of cardboard; simply cut out hollow squares out of spare pieces from cardboard boxes, and paint them white. Have all the kids grab a square and write their names along the bottom. Using an instant camera, take mock school pictures of them all in a row with their heads framed inside the cardboard frames. They can make silly faces or use fun photo booth props to make the pictures much more fun than the average yearbook photo.
- Themed decorations. From red plates made to look like apples, to a chalkboard menu, find creative ways to turn classic school objects into fabulous party decor. Pinterest is a great place to look for inspiration!
An Apple (Pie) for TeacherWhen it comes to food for a school-themed party, apples are an obvious choice. But at Tippin’s, we believe there’s always room for pie. A classic Apple Pie is always a party favorite, and it’s a great way to incorporate apples into the school theme. But if Apple Pie isn’t quite your style, consider some other kid-friendly favorites. For example, in season now are the delicious Tippin’s Peach Cooler Pies.
Want to throw a back to school bash with a Tippin’s pie? Check out all of our delicious and beautiful pies at one of our locations today:
- Cosentino’s Market, 10 East 13th St Ste A, Kansas City, MO 64106
- Hen House, 11721 Roe Ave Ste A, Leawood, KS 66211
- Hen House, 15000 W 87th St Ste A, Lenexa, KS 66215
- Dierberg’s, 4655 Osage Beach Pkwy Ste A, Osage Beach, MO 65065
- Dierberg’s, 1080 Lindemann Rd Ste A, Des Peres, MO 63131